8/08/2013

Exciting news (at least for me)

Dear readers, I'm going to take a hiatus for a couple of weeks - like every good shrink, I'll be taking August off, summering in Lake Winnipesaukee.  I hereby recommend you take a vacation from your problems too. Just until I get back.


Just kidding.  I've been hard at work with my friends at Gilday Creative to create a more functional, more professional site, and one that better expresses my personality.  We've finally reached the stage where it's time to put the final touches together, migrate all the posts to date, and test the heck out of things.  Unfortunately, that's also coinciding with a long-planned end of summer vacation for me.

After today, I'll be on hiatus until August 26, at minimum.  I may decide, for strategic and sanity-preserving reasons to postpone my return and Big Launch for the pretty new site until September 3, the day after Labor Day.  But when I return, things will look different.  Better.  Dare I even use the word "snazzy?"

Please keep emailing your questions and situations and article recommendations!  I love hearing from you, and hope the new look will help us bridge the digital divide in even better ways, all the better to develop you with, my dears.

I hate to go off and not give you a little something to tide you over.  So.

  1. If you haven't already gotten this link from everyone you know, 25 Situations Only Nonprofit People Can Understand on Buzzfeed
  2. An article that MentalFloss titled "9 Fundraising Lessons from the World's Weirdest Charity Stunts", but I recommend reading it as 9 Reminders that my Day Could Be A Lot Worse.  Bookmark this puppy.  Use as needed.
  3. I'm a sucker for Old Jews Telling Jokes.  Start here, with Len Portnoy's fundraising joke...and then watch the rest.  That should last you through labor day.


No comments:

Post a Comment