7/12/2013

Announcing a New Feature: Fridays For You!

I thought about calling this Fundraising Free Fridays, because that's what this is...but one of the things I'm always saying is that everything relates to fundraising, one way or another...so, dear reader, I didn't want you to think you were completely off the hook.

But here's the thing - The Development Shrink as a blog is becoming my professional soapbox, and it needs to expand, since I have not one but two areas of passion in my coaching practice.  The first, which you've clearly seen in this blog thus far, is development as a synonym (euphemism?) for the full work of fundraising.  But the other is for personal development, helping individuals advance their own leadership skills - something that runs the gamut from working with college students and millennials just starting to manage their own careers to working with senior executives on refining management techniques and working around/through their weaknesses in the workplace.  I particularly love working with women and minorities, since I have found that many of the most popular trade books on leadership do not address the particular challenges and penalties faced by everyone who is not an older white man, and I most often work with folks who are working somewhere in the nonprofit sector (including folks in higher education - that counts as mission-driven!).  

So...

Starting today, I'm going to start injecting a little personal development into this development blog.  Fridays from now on will feature a leadership tip or exercise.  I hope you like it - and please, please, share with your friends and colleagues.


No comments:

Post a Comment